Name:
Location: India

Friday, September 23, 2005

Mt Fuji

Twentieth floor, Tokyo, Japan. Morning 5A.M. You get up and you have a view of a lonesome mountain with a flat top covered with snow. Beauty at its best.
Talking about mountains the first thing comes to our mind is the great Himalayas. And if you have visited them, any other mountain you see looks like a hillock. You can appreciate the Alps but whats the hype Japanese have created about a single mountain that too with a flat top….!!! You have to see it to believe it.
Mt. Fuji is not a range of mountains but just a single dormant volcano “hill”. Standing all alone with a vast green pastured land and lakes near it.
The largest/tallest mountain in Nihon. And almost every Japanese climbs it. Its just a daylong trek. They actually have a race every year to climb this 18Km path !!!
This land still entice me….

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you. During childhood I got up every morning seeing snow clad Himalayas. And somehow I can not love any other mountains now.Though I am yet to kiss Alps but believe me AULI is equally good ;-) And when you talk about *FLAT * top mountains, one can not ignore the table mountain in cape town , SA. It would have been great if you could have posted few snaps of FUJI. BTW what does "FUJI" stand for ?? I remember one of the projects I worked was code named as FUJI.

September 24, 2005 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home